Burbidge | Mitchell is a leading firm in wrongful death and catastrophic personal injury cases. The firm obtains impressive results by being selective in the cases it accepts and by vigorously pursuing those cases. Before the firm represents a client, we carefully vet out the case including consultations with experts when necessary. It is only after the firm determines that the case is meritorious that Burbidge | Mitchell will accept the case. Once the firm undertakes representation, the team prepares the case for trial. In the event of a settlement, this preparation usually yields a far greater value for the client.
Wrongful Death and Catastrophic Personal Injury
- $12.5 million settlement / helicopter crash.
- $7.5 million recovery / single victim in national food poisoning outbreak.
- $7 million recovery / Brain Injury claim for a child.
- $6.25 million settlement / semi-tractor/car collision.
- $5.25 million verdict / child drowning.
- $4.25 million settlement / semi-truck collision.
- $4 million settlement / single victim in national food poisoning outbreak.
- $3 million settlement / bicycle defect case.
- $1.2 million recovery / motorcycle/truck collision.
- Confidential settlement and recovery for victim / Trolley Square shooting.
Complex Commercial Litigation
- $32 million for client after verdict and appeal / Trade Secret embezzlement case.
- $27 million recovered after verdict and appeal / Utah Medical v. Tyco in a patent infringement suit.
- $7 million verdict / partnership dispute in Los Angeles.
- $3 million / a wrongful foreclosure.
- $2 million / bank deficiency claims.
- Landmark judgment / Basic Research vs. Federal Trade Commission: Read More
- $7 billion / Judgment against the Republic of Iran for the 9-11-2001 World Trade Center attack. The firm participated with a consortium of national firms.
- $8 million / Settlement in a massive flood case.